- Main Page
David Kidman is a respected, dedicated and prolific contributor to the UK folk scene, both locally (within Yorkshire) and nationally.
- Folk Singer – a passionate and dedicated revival singer, a song-carrier whose performing repertoire unashamedly covers a wide spectrum that reflects a diversity of tastes and styles within the fields of contemporary songwriting and traditional song.
- Compère – an informed and inclusive MC, mindful of the needs of each individual occasion (performers, their audiences and that all-important timing). David’s compèring CV embraces folk festivals and folk clubs large and small; main-stage and more intimate venues; hosting or steering Big Sings and humble singarounds. Also now experienced in hosting “zoom” singing sessions and workshops.
- Writer – an authoritative and insightful reviewer of music CDs for the national folk press (The Living Tradition), online (Fatea, Folk Radio UK), and regional folk press in the north (Yorkshire), north-east (Teesside etc.) and London.
- Poet – David’s selectively published works are balanced and complemented by “occasional” verse written for specific compèring engagements. He is also an in-demand performance poet.
- Parodist – listen out for David’s carefully constructed parodies that are sprinkled through his song-sets . . . rapidly gaining an appreciative following, and now even actually getting specially requested!
David’s lifelong deep interest in, and enthusiasm for, music of many kinds has quite naturally led to a more practical involvement, i.e. performing, in folk music in particular, over the past dozen or so years.
He looks forward to sharing the music and songs with you somewhere along the road.